Gel ice pack also called cold pack, is the substitute product for the traditional ice bag.
It can be used to:
• lower the body’s temperature;
• transport the medicine, food, flower;
• deal with the emergency hurt pain on sports injuries.
Different from traditional ice bags, gel ice packs have become increasingly popular.
• Soft feel and nice appearance;
• Effectively curb the breeding of bacteria;
• More effective. (Its specific heat is 3-4 times than ice’s)
It’s Sodium polyacrylate.
As a type of superabsorbent polymers, sodium polyacrylate can absorb plenty of water and become a gel form.
One-gram sodium polyacrylate can absorb 300-1000 grams of pure water. In other words, it’s enough to contain 1 gram (or less) sodium polyacrylate for each gel ice pack.
• high specific heat capacity;
• low cost (for each gel ice pack) ;
• non-toxic & environment friendly;
Other applications of sodium polyacrylate
Except for gel ice pack, it can be used in every aspect of our life:
• thermal insulation material (ice towels, ice pillows…);
• absorbent material (such as in paper diapers, sanitary napkins, nursing pads…);
• water blocking material (such as inflatable sandbags, waterproof for cable…);
• expanding material (inflatable toy).
We have “Ask The Expert” online service 24/7. If you have any questions please contact us.