Super absorbent polymer (SAP) is a typical functional polymer material. It can absorb hundreds or even thousands of times its own weight of water, and has a strong water retention capacity, so it is also known as super water-absorbing agent or high water-retaining agent.
Common super absorbent materials mainly include: sodium polyacrylate, potassium polyacrylate
Sodium polyacrylate, whose chemical formula is (C3H3NaO2)n, is a new type of functional polymer material and important chemical product. The solid product is white (or light yellow) block or powder, and the liquid product is colorless (or light yellow) viscous liquid.
1. Appearance: The solid is white or light yellow block or powder, and the liquid is colorless or light yellow viscous liquid.
2. Density: 1.32g/mL, 25°C
3. Storage conditions: 2-8°C
4. Form: solid liquid
5. Proportion: 1.23
6. Discoloration of acid-base indicator pH range: 6-9
7. Stability: Stable under most conditions.
8. EPA chemical substance information: 9003-04-7
9. Chemical properties: tasteless. It swells with water and is easily soluble in aqueous caustic soda.
Potassium polyacrylate for agriculture is also called hydrogel polymer. Potassium polyacrylate is a polymer of potassium cation and acrylamide, with strong absorption capacity. This po
lyacrylate helps seedling germination and transportation with plants or seedlings. It is non-toxic, harmless and non-polluti
ng. Potassium polyacrylate mainly has the following functions:
-Increase the water retention capacity of the soil-Effectively reduce irrigation frequency
-Reduce water and nutrient loss
-Reduce evaporation rate to prevent moisture loss
-Improve the physical properties of the soil
-Enhance plant performance, especially in arid areas
-Reduce the amount of fertilizer